Raising Bean
HomeAboutContactAdvertiseSummer Bucket List

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weekend Getaway To The Cabin

We drove two hours from our home this past weekend, to spend it in the mountains at my step dad's cabin. My grandma was able to come along, and my mom and step dad were there also. Full cabin, but lots of fun! One thing that's really important to me is that my grandma gets to know Bean as she grows up. Unfortunately, I lost my grandad when I was in fourth grade, my paternal grandfather when I was in fifth, and my paternal grandmother when I was a junior in high school. My grandma is all I have left, and I want to make sure we all get to spend as much time together as possible. I want more memories like the ones we made this past weekend.

Like Bean talking to her Great Granny, and hiding under the dining room table with my mom. Soon she'll be too big for my husband to keep tossing her in the air, like he has been doing since she was 6 months old. Pictures capture the visual side of the memories we hold in our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. "I lost my grandad when I was in fourth grade, my paternal grandfather when I was in fifth, and my paternal grandmother when I was a junior in high school."

    How you name them pretty well sums up our relationships with both sides of the family...

    ReplyDelete