Raising Bean
HomeAboutContactAdvertiseSummer Bucket List

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Neuton's Third Law of Breastfeeding

III. Every action has an equal an opposite reaction.

Yesterday I took my BFF to the airport, so she could fly home. She is amazing, and had flown in for Bean's christening, to stand up as her Godmother. Now that we're living more country than urban, it takes about 45-50 minutes to get to the airport. I left my bean with her father, no sense in making her sit in a car seat for almost 2 hours. That would be torture for her. Especially since she's starting to take multiple wobbbly steps all the time now. Anywho, I'm getting off topic.. So I was gone for about two hours total. She is fine the whole time I was gone, took a nap with her daddy, played, toddled, no issues whatsoever. When I got home, it was no big deal. Until I sat down on our big gray sectional, in our nursing spot. Which obviously gave her the idea that I had been gone for decades, and she was suddenly starving. I chose this spot on the couch because it is comfortable, I have worn a perfect butt imprint into it, not because I wanted her to nurse - I'm an 'on demand' feeding momma.

So, Bean yelled "CHARGE!!" in baby babble and crawled at full speed towards me. She then let me know she wanted to nurse by pulling on my nursing tank and kissing my chest. No denying what that sweet combination of actions mean. So I let her nurse, she finishes, and then I put her back on the floor to play. Not even five seconds later she's back. Lather, rinse, repeat. As I said, I let her nurse on demand, so I let her enduldge to her hearts content. On and off for about two hours.

Apparently two hours gone equals two hours on.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Is it always like this? No, but I'd say about 60% of the time it is. I'm also rarely without her, I think if I hadn't become a stay at home momma it may be a little different. I don't mind though, not one little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment